Blue Water Manor History
The Lodges at Blue Water Manor have been a special vacation spot for many people over the years. Since 1923, this property has been sharing its specatular views of Lake George and the Adirondack Mountains with its visitors and its fun, friendly, family atmosphere has kept people coming back from year after year. We hope to continue this amazing resort's legacy for many years to come.
In the fall of 2013, Blue Water Manor was purchased by new owners who are working hard to restore the resort to the destination vacation it once was. Their 5 year plan for the resort includes renovations of the existing buildings as well as the construction of new facilities to bring guests the highest quality of lodging and hospitality. The renovations to several of our cabins, the dock area, and our Banquet Hall have already been completed, but there are many other exciting things to come!
Please enjoy the pictures and information provided. If any of our guests or neighbors have any fun facts, historical information or pictures that we can add to this page, please contact us.
The following was reprinted from the book "Old Bolton" with permission of the author William P. Gates. "Old Bolton" is available in book stores or it can be ordered from W.P. Gates Publishing, 1 Glenwood Avenue, Queensbury, NY 12804.
John R. Loomis Jr. of Glens Falls hired Hiram Ferguson Seaman of Bolton to do the stonework on his fine summer home, Stone Manor, on a cliff in Basin Bay. Built in 1923, Loomis, who worked in the insurance business, had seen a magnificent stone fireplace at The Hermit's Rest in Grand Canyon, Arizona, and wanting the same for himself, sent Seaman a postcard showing its picture. Seaman quarried the stone for this project from the west side of Route 9N. Loomis owned the mountain across 9N, and built the cottage "Roost", now replaced, on the top of the mountain overlooking Basin Bay and Lake George.
In 1941, title to the Roost was transferred to Ethelyn Trimbley. Another cottage he had constructed was known as Camp 13, which became the George Morgan home in 1938. The primary Loomis home, Stone Manor, still stands and is the main building overlooking the lake at Blue Water Manor.
These old photographs and postcards show the legacy of Blue Water Manor
Below are several postcards from the 1970’s-1980’s.